Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians! In honour of this day of thanks, I’m going to be doing a post on, if you didn’t get it from the title;), twenty things I’m thankful for.
First though, a thought I’ve been having. I’ve been thinking, do most of us actually celebrate thanksgiving for the right reason? I mean, sure, we get together with family and eat good food. If you’re reformed like my family, you go to Church. Maybe you’re one of the families who goes around and asks what everyone is thankful for.
But how many of us actually take time on Thanksgiving to be thankful? Perhaps you’re better at this than me, but maybe you’re not. Maybe you find yourself, like I do, going through the day and then realizing the next day that you never once thought about what you have to be thankful for. Or not thanking Yahweh even once for all he has given you.
So for you Canadians, I’d like to encourage you to spend a little bit of time in prayer today just thanking God for what he’s done and blessed you with. All my American friends, you should do this to! Because it may not be your thanksgiving, but we should always be thanking God for all he’s done for us:)
Now that that’s done, lets get on with the post;)
20 Things I’m Thankful For
- I know this is really basic, something every Christian says, but I’m thankful for Christ’s sacrifice. That he gave his life so that I could be saved and live with him eternally.
- I’m very thankful for the country I was born into. Sure, it’s far from perfect, but it’s a lot better than the countries a lot of people live in.
- I’m thankful for my siblings who are running around screaming as I write this. Sometimes they drive me crazy. Sometimes I wish there were less of them. But in the long run, I love them dearly and wouldn’t give them up for the world.
- I’m thankful for the friends God blessed me with. I have SO. MANY. FRIENDS. and each and every one of them is so amazing. Whether they’re friends from Ydubs who I don’t get to see often, or they’re people I go to Church with. They’re all so dear to me and make like infinitaly better.
- I’m thankful for my families house in the country. Living in the city kinda sucks so I’m so happy that my family was blessed with an amazing property out in the country, but still close enough to town to make visiting friends and going to grab groceries really easy.
- I’m thankful for being homeschooled. Because while I may not have always liked it, it also gave me a chance to turn into the person I am today and gave me a lot of my wonderful friends. I’m kinda scared to know what I would have been like if I went to school.
- I’m super thankful that I’m done high school. I wasn’t one of those people who hated school. I tolerated it but I still fell behind all the time and it was still very stressful so being done and having a year to save a little money for university is amazing.
- I’m thankful for my creative brain. I thrive off of creating things and I don’t know what I would do if I wasn’t constantly creating people, worlds, and their stories.
- I’m thankful for the internet. Because, y’all, if I didn’t have the internet, I wouldn’t be able to connect with you. Sure, it’s a curse a lot of the time but it’s also a blessing.
- I’m thankful for Ydubs. Y’all, that place has been such a blessing to me. In many ways. It showed me that my writing can be used for God’s glory and that I actually can write. It’s helped me make a lot of friends and make a lot of amazing memories. And most of all, it’s given me people who pray for me and played a big part in me growing closer in my walk with God.
- I’m thankful for music. Music is my inspiration. I live on music. Books make me feel love and pain and everything. So do movies. But songs… they make me feel a whole rollercoaster of emotions in a simple three minute song. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve started bawling just because a certain song came on. Because songs can have such emotional attachment to them. So when I’m missing my friends from my old Church or the people I met when I was a Student Leader, I listen to the songs that are connected to them and it just brings back the memories. (Y’all, would you be interested in a post about some of the songs that have memories connected to them and the memories they have?)
- I’m thankful for my drivers licence. This is probably a weird thing to be thankful for, but seriously! It makes life a bit better because I can driver myself places and it makes it SOOOO much easier to visit friends.
- I’m thankful for flowers. How could I not? They’re so pretty and make life so much better. Like, if you’re one of my irl friends and you don’t know what to get me, just get me a bouquet of flowers. Whenever a friend does that, it just makes me so happy because, idk. I’m a girl. And girls like flowers xP.
- I’m thankful for my dog. She’s such a sweetheart and I love her dearly. I’m not one of those people who brings their dog everywhere or would do anything for their precious pup, but I still love her and will be super sad to leave her when I go to school.
- I’m thankful for the changing seasons. Y’all, do you get how boring it would be if we only had one season? Like imagine if it were always winter. Brrrrr. That would be miserable.
- I’m thankful for coffee. A small thing, but such a big thing. A cup of coffee just makes the world a much better place.
- I’m thankful for all my family. They’re such amazing people. Of course they aren’t perfect, but they care about each other and I think any one of them would die for any family member.
- I’m thankful for my Church family. Yeah, switching Churches has got to be the hardest thing I’ve ever done, and I’m still not completely happy there, but the people are super kind and amazing and I can feel that they love and care about me…even if they don’t know me. (I’ve got a story about that if any of you want to hear it;)
- I’m thankful for the little joys in life. God could have said that I was always going to be depressed. Never happy. Never enjoying anything. But instead he gave me seasons of depression and seasons of joy. Times when I’m sad and times when I’m overly happy.
- And finally, I’m thankful for this little blog. For all you guys who read my words and care about what I have to say. Thank you so much. I love y’all so much.
What are you thankful for?